Sunday, October 26, 2003

Off to PDC

Off to PDC

So I'm off to the PDC. The journey to LHR was uneventful - a quick drive, a comfortable checkin. Secuity is tigher than it used to be, but I got upgraded so it's comfortable class to LAX via JFK (and for the return as it turns out). The plane to JFK is totally full. As I traveled to and through LHR, I could not get the image of Concorde out of my memory. A truly 1st class experience from start to end. By comparison today's flight is just so ordinary. Concorde, to me at least, represented the best. From the Dom Perignon and Hospice de Beuane to drink to the quiet professionalism of the crew. I don't think any airliner will ever be quite the bird that concorde was. This flight is a 777. Relative quiet and with good legroom. Which is a good think as we're cooped up here for 6 more hours.

No comments: