Sunday, January 28, 2007

UK PowerShell User Group's First Meeting

On January 24th, 15 hearty souls met at Global Knowledge's Wokingham offices for the first ever UK PowerShell User Group meeting. From what I can tell, this is the first ever PowerShell user group meeting in the world - something I'm pretty excited about.

Richard Siddaway started the Get-PSUKUG meeting off with a look at the organisation of the user group which was met with unanimous approval. In summary, we're planning on staying light on bureaucracy, and will try to have a physical meeting every two months. Our March meeting will take place at Microsoft in Reading on March 22. No word yet on the May meeting, but we're hoping to have the meeting in Nottingham.

The main part of the meeting was a presentation  by me on setup and installation which was lively and generated lots of discussion. I think we ALL learned a lot, including me. I'll post the slides up to the user group's web site next week.

The meeting also included some great Pizza and beer (HOT pizza and COLD beer) thanks to those very nice people at Power Gadgets.  I also managed to finesse USB  memory sticks for the attendees which contained as much PowerShell stuff as I could find, including a trial version of Power Gadgets!

It is fantastic to have a  group of PowerShell fans all in one place - this user group looks like being very useful to the community.

 

No comments: