Friday, November 28, 2014

New Blog Layouts For My Blogs

I've had two blogs on BlogSpot (both before and after the take over by Google!): this blog (aka Under The Stairs) and a PowerShell Script blog. Until recently, the format of these two blogs has been pretty static. But promoted by a couple of comments, I've updated the layout of both blogs. Both blogs are now a bit wider and both use new templates.

An issue with the PowerShell scripts blog is that the formatter I was using also used an online CSS. Sadly, both the site and the CSS object are gone – more Internet goodness that is impermanent. I have switched over to a new formatter, but it's going to take some time to get around to fixing all of the post. I've done a few, but there are around 300 more to do! Eventually!

I'd be happy to get comments about the blog. Has anyone actually noticed?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Thomas,

I follow your blog via rss.
I'm also a Blogger user and find it pretty good, I don't have worry about database/backup/attack/upgrade... but yeah there are definitely less features than Wordpress (which the PowerShell Community blogs mostly use)

For your code formating you have a couple of options... CSS/Embedded Gist code, etc... I wrote a small post about that if this can be helpful http://www.lazywinadmin.com/2013/10/blogger-adding-powershell-code-in-your.html