Do you want to learn more about PowerShell V2? Do you want to take your skills to that next level? Do you want you head to explode as you learn more, more and more about PowerShell? If so, I have just the ticket for you1
March sees the first PowerShell master class. It’ll be three days of intense PowerShell – hands on and practical. No marketing stuff – just hard core useful information and plenty of hands on. I’ll be turning up with more material than we can cover in the normal day, so we’ll be having evening sessions in the hotel – and who knows the odd drink too!
Afraid it’ll all be too technical – well that’s always a risk, but we start off slowly and go deeper and further than any of the official courseware is allowed to. So bring your helmet and seatbelts!
Here’s the class outline:
Day 1 – The Basics
- PowerShell Fundaments – the key elements of PowerShell plus installation, setup, profiles
- Discovery – finding your way and learning how to discover more
- Formatting – how to format output nicely
- Remoting – working with remote systems
- Providers – getting into OS data stores
- Homework – you’ll get a short assignment to complete by the start of Day 2
Day 2 – Diving Deeper
- Scripting Concepts – automating everyday tasks including language constructs, error handling and debugging
- Modules – managing PowerShell in the enterprise
- .NET/WMI/COM Objects – working with objects
- Homework – you’ll get another assignment to complete by the start of Day 3
Day 3 – Practical PowerShell
- PowerShell and Windows Client/Server – how you can use built in PowerShell cmdlets
- PowerShell in Key Microsoft Servers - a look at PowerShell today in SQL, SCVMM plus a look forward to the future with SharePoint 2010
- Taking it to the Next Level – the stuff we can’t cover in these three days.
I am really looking forward to working with LabCenter – they have a great facility in Stockholm, and will provide great hands on systems for you to use (and there may even be a pretty cool take away that I can’t talk about today – so watch this space). They’re really nice people too!
Places are limited and I know there’s already a number of bookings – so book now! See you in Stockholm in March. And please pass on the word!