Sunday, January 12, 2020

Planet PowerShell - A New PowerShell Resource

As I am sure you know, the Interweb contains a great deal of excellent PowerShell related content. The question is, how do you find it?

If you know what you are looking for, today's search engines are pretty awesome. I use Google and Bing a lot. In my training, I encourage 'Google Engineering' as a way to be successful with PowerShell. Search engines are outstanding, so long as you know what you are looking for.

But what if you just want to learn more?  Planet PowerShell is a community web site that aggregates blog posts from around the internet. the URL for the home page is: https://www.planetpowershell.com/. And it looks like this:


From this landing page, you can click on the Preview Button to bring up the most recent postsm like this:



From this page, you can click on the View Original Post button to view the post 

Also, if you are on Twitter, you can follow the site's Twitter feed by following  @planetpshell. That feed looks like this:



This is a great resource to help you to learn more!

1 comment:

John J. Kavanagh said...

This is a very good RSS source but not all publishers have registered to this source so in my feedly I follow several others.

As for twitter I would also recommend searching based on the powershell hashtag #powerShell

I think another great source is the powershell.slack.com Slack group, and there is a very good one for those using PowerCLI as well