Thursday, September 08, 2011

Hyper-V in Windows 8

Microsoft have announced some more details of Hyper-V in Windows 8 in the Building Windows 8 blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2011/09/07/bringing-hyper-v-to-windows-8.aspx

There are two really exciting things about this. First, Hyper-V is included in the Windows 8 client – I don’t have to have Server loaded to run it. That is going to be huge news to those folks using the client as their workstation/laptop/desktop. We can get rid of the rather poor VPC 7 product (and of course stop using Oracle/VMware).

The second really cool thing is that Hyper-V will support wireless adapters. This is a huge benefit for those of us on the road using Wireless everywhere. I have  new laptop with an 802.11N wireless adapter that I will now be able to use. I can’t wait to upgrade my laptop to Win8!!

These are both welcome additions – I can’t wait to get my hands on the beta next week at BUILD!

Technorati Tags: ,,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I was about to this post list myself and then found your site. Thank you so much for saving me all that work.Glad it could help someone else!
Please let me know if you notice anything that should be updated or something like that,You mate, are a legend – thank you so much….,Happy to help!
That’s why I love this post so much, and of course you ;)
vps hosting reviews