Thursday, July 03, 2008

FireFox Live Writer Trials and Tribulations

With FireFox 3, the old Live Writer add-on no longer works, as I noted last Sunday. I especially liked the way this add-on added an icon to the FireFox tool bar. It's a shame, but as written the add-on does not work.

I've since found another tool, Live WriterFox, but it's not quite as nice. But works - well mainly. Oddly, using it to reference my blog, as I did for this post, does not bring up Live Writer.

Today, I got a comment on my Sunday post from the Live Writer Team that pointed to a potential fix. However, this fix does not seem to work - I do not have the file Joe's post refers to. I'm running the LiveWriter latest CTP on Windows Server X64.

More clues gratefully received!

1 comment:

Joe Cheng said...

Try replacing

C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\BlogThis\Mozilla Firefox\install.rdf

with

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Writer\BlogThis\Mozilla Firefox\install.rdf