As I noted last week, Microsoft has released an update to the Lync client. My article last week looked at a key presence related bug fixed in this release. But as Debbie Arbeeny a PM in the Lync Team notes in this article, there’s more to the November update.
The client update adds a number of new features to the client including:
- Photos of Sender/Receiver – view photos of sender/receiver inline with IM conversation
- URL Photo Experience – set your own photo from a public web site instead of using the corporate image
- pChat Escalation – escalate a Persistent Chat room to a Lync Meeting with one click
- Login Trace Files – Access Lync client login logs
- New Recording Options –choose preferred resolution for client-side recordings
All in all some nice new features to improve the Lync client experience. If you are running Lync 2013, you want to get this and deploy it sooner rather than later!