Tuesday, September 13, 2005

At PDC

I'm at PDC - attending a side meeting prior to the PDC. Really looking forward to hearing details of new stuff - Sparkle (if you believe Mary Jo) is dead cool, and we'll be getting a new build if Vista, and one that may actually run on my laptop. Of course there will be some cool MSH sessions.

But as seems all to common at large MS conferences in the US, the wireless connectivity is poor. I've been trying to get enough connectivity to send this mail for nearly 3 hours now. I've tried 4 separate wireless cards, including an Orinoco card with an external antenna - all to no avail. The good news is that there appears to be a bunch of Ethernet cables around the place.

Additionally, the reverse lookup on MS's conference gateway has not been setup - thus my ISP rejects my attempts to send mail. I tried to mail this blog entry into Blogger , but no joy Apparently this is a "security" measure. Security trumps usability yet again. :-(

Finally, and to add insult to injury, we've just lost all power in the conference room, the whole conference centre, and , parts of the city as well.

This is going to be an interesting week.

No comments: