I got a good question in mail this morning - Where's the library for ITIL? Since ITIL stands for Information Technology Infrastructure Library, this is a pretty good question.
For those unfamiliar, ITIL is a consistent and comprehensive documentation set of best practice for IT Service Management. It is in use by hundreds of organisations around the world. ITIL is also supported by a professional qualification scheme (See the ITIL qualification page for more details of the exams), and training to help you get qualified.
The library is a set of books, published by The UK's Office of Government Commerce. The books are not available for free on the Internet.
At present the library is as follows:
- Software Asset Management - Book £35, CD-ROM £60 + VAT, ISBN 0113309430
- Service Support - Book £65, CD-ROM £150 + VAT, ISBN 0113300158
- Service Delivery - Book £65, CD-ROM £150 + VAT, ISBN 0113308779
- Planning to Implement Service Management - Book £65, CD-ROM £150 + VAT, ISBN 0113308779
- ICT Infrastructure Management - Book £65.00, CD-ROM £150 + VAT, ISBN 0113308655
- Application Management - Book £65.00, CD-ROM £150 + VAT, ISBN 0113308663
- Security Management - Book £44.95, no CD at this time, ISBN 011330014X.
- The Business Perspective - Book £65.00, CD-ROM £150 + VAT, ISBN 0113308949
ITIL is at present going through a major update, to become Version 3. See the ITIL Communications page for the latest status update (as of writing this blog article, the latest update is 1 Sept '06).