Another nice feature of Vista is all the short cut keys, in particular the Win key, to speed up the your use of Vista, as described over on Arlindo's blog.
Many of you know about bring up the Flip 3D by using Win-Tab or locking the computer using Win-L. But Arlindo tried them all and found a bunch of cool features including:
- Win-Space - this shows the sidebar
- Win-D - to show the desktop
- Ctrl Win-Tab: Flip 3D but one that stays on the desktop, you can then scroll with up, down, left and right keys
- Win-E - to open an explorer window
- Win-R - to open the run dialogue box
- Win-T - this tabs between running applications onto the taskbar
- Win-Q - this appears to launch Office communicator
- Win-G - pushes focus to the the sidebar the focus and when you press this key combination again it tabs between the gadgets on the sidebar
- Win-M - Minimizes all windows and just shows the desktop
- Shift Win-M - Undoes minimize windows
- Win-Number: Press the Win key and then choose a number of the applications that are in the quick launch task bar. An example the third icon on the taskbar (starting from left) is IE so to run IE press Win-3 and it will launch IE.
Thanks Arlindo for this!